Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I am truly thankful...

This is the first Thanksgiving without my Dad. Kind of strange. He loved Thanksgiving. It was his favorite holiday. Well, really any holiday with food was a '"True Holiday" according to him. No presents, just food and he was as happy as a lark.. I wish he could have had some of my mom's home made pumpkin pie yesterday. Just to have him sitting next to my mom would have been really nice. Every time a Holiday comes it's the first holiday without him and I usually am sad, shed a few tears, and then have to brush it off and think to myself that the way it is was meant to be. Does this make it all better? No not really but it helps. This Thanksgiving I truly felt thankful for my family. I have taken advantage of the time and memories I have had with being with my family at these big gatherings we have.After I put the kids in bed I went back in later to check on Gavin and started to cry for how much I love him, then went in to tuck Brooklyn in, and was still had tears streaming down my cheeks for how much I love her. Yesterday I truly felt blessed to have 2 beautiful kids and a husband that is my best friend. Life sometimes truly truly sucks. I have learned more in my life in the last 3 years then I have ever learned in my life time. I have grown more in so many ways to understand a little of what life is truly about. So my request to all of you out there is to truly be grateful for everything, every moment, every memory you share for they will be gone so sudden. You will be so surprised how fast they will pass. Happy Belated Thanksgiving to everyone, and enjoy your Christmas Season. And remember to take the time to kick back and just enjoy. With thanks and all my love to my wonderful Dad and my wonderful Family for all they have taught me and for all they are going to teach me for I still have so much to learn.

No comments: